Karen Connell, the blogger who runs, A Child Grows in Brooklyn is organizing the first-ever Brooklyn Baby Expo on Sunday, March 13th from 11AM to 4PM in the penthouses of the Toren (150 Myrtle Avenue just off Flatbush). The Expo will showcase top resources and products for Brooklyn parents and provide a space where they can interact with other parents and children, exhibitors and experts. It will also give people a chance to look inside the Toren, a win-win for the real estate folks as well as the exhibitors (and the parents who attend).
Click on read more to see what you can expect at the Brooklyn Baby Expo:
* Mini demos and mini seminars on everything from setting good sleep habits, learning CPR, how to make baby and toddler food, how to install a car seat, school zoning, nursing, how to select a nanny or doula, cloth diapering and more.
* Full 45 minute seminars by famous experts on “Raising A Good Sleeper”, “Best Baby Gear Gurus….tell all!”, “Greening Your Home”, “Parenting Partnerships: how to make it work”, “Expectant Parents Guide to Brooklyn” all with great raffle prizes for seminar attendees: like Stokke and Boon high chairs, strollers, organic mattress and more. For the list of seminars available go here.
* Try out different carriers, stroller fitness, laser therapy for pre- and post-natal conditions, ways to clean your childrens’ teeth, try stylish maternity and post-baby clothes and get really fitted for a bra.
* Get pampered with mini-manicures, blow-outs and savor catered food from Brooklyn Fare.
* Your children will be amused by baby yoga, tummy time, first lock cuts, haircuts, and can chill in the nursing lounge or take a romp in the B. Playful room stocked with b. toys.
* Check out our amazing list of exhibitors from national companies to the best NYC resources available to parents.
* You can get some of your shopping done with our exhibitors, from furniture to strollers (some with discounts) to organic baby blankets to the great clothes for you and your child.
* The first 250 registered families will leave with bountiful eco-bags from LuLu’s Cuts and Toys filled with fabulous finds from: Boon, Dr. Browns, Eebee, Seventh Generation, CalNaturale Svelte, Giggle, Boogie Wipes, Belly Bar, Soyjoy, Choices in Childbirth, Boiron, NY City Explorers, Britax, Stroller Strides, Ruckus Mobile Media and more. Total retail value of over $120
* Every attendee receives a FREE subscription to Time Out New York Kids.
Tickets and registration:
Tickets may be purchased at http://www.achildgrows.com/register/
Price: $35 per ticket or $60 for two tickets. Tickets at the door are $45 each. All activities, seminar and demos included in admission price. The first 250 registered families receive gift bags: total retail value of over $120. (That means sign up early!)